With the upcoming Halloween
holiday fast approaching, the Rocky Hill Police Department would like to offer
a few safety tips, helping you ensure a safe and enjoyable event for you and
Halloween Safety Recommendations
- Wear light-colored clothing that is short enough to prevent tripping and
add reflective tape to the sides, front and back of costume.
- Make sure children can see well enough through face masks, or use cosmetics
to create fun or scary faces.
- Adults should always accompany young children.
- Go out in daylight and carry a flashlight in case of a delay.
- Stay within your neighborhood and only go to houses that you know.
- Watch for traffic.
- Only give and accept wrapped or packaged candy.
- Examine all candy before allowing children to eat it.
- Keep costumed children away from pets. The pet may not recognize the child
and become frightened.
- Avoid hard plastic or wood props, such as daggers or swords. Substitute
with foam rubber which is soft and flexible.